**Fireworks**
 
I'll just start this email by saying American fireworks are pathetic compared to Japanese. I guess I have only ever seen Nacogdoches fireworks, but on Saturday I saw the Sanjo fireworks and they were amazing!! I couldn't believe it. Today we are going to the Nagaoka fireworks which is the city south of us. They are the most famous fireworks in Japan and close to a million people come to see them. I am excited. I'll send pictures and tell you about it in a month - haha.
 
This week was pretty good. One day we had interviews in Nagaoka and district meeting in Niigata. Those are north and south of us so we spent a whole day on the train. We decided to try to give out as many copies of the Book of Mormon as possible. I was able to give out three to three awesome guys. They were all my age and I talked with them all for like 30 minutes each. I took pictures with them too - haha and they all thought that it was cool that I was a missionary. I told them about how the Book of Mormon changed my life and stuff and they took it. Wooh!
 
On Wednesday it was pretty cool. We went way up to the middle of nowhere where I thought it would be good. We found one lady who really wanted to know how to help her family, we will refer her to the Sisters, and then, after that we housed and these people gave us water, fanned us, and gave us fruit - haha, we were pretty hot. It is so hot!!!! I'm wearing a shirt and tie too. It's nothing compared to the Texas heat though. We win haha.
 
Yesterday was obviously my last fast and testimony meeting for Sunday as a missionary in Japan. I bore my testimony and, well yeah, the tears were flowing. I first talked about everyone needing to just find the one person ready to hear the Gospel. Don't stress about all the thousands. Just go one at a time. Then I testified of Christ and how He has helped me. That's where I started crying. He really has helped me and really is always there for you. You can always rely on Him.  Sanjo is small and everyone in the room was crying during the whole thing. I talked about how thankful I am for Japan and all the people. I really gained my testimony here, so although I am so excited to see you all again, I am going to be so sad to leave this place that really has changed me.
 
Because of serving as a missionary in Japan, I know that I want to follow God for the rest of my life. I want to be a husband and father, but I wanted that before. Now I just want to serve my family and be a serving husband and father. Missions are what every young man needs. I love you all so much. You are all so great and have changed my life. I can't wait to see you. I actually am pretty homesick right now - haha even though im so close, I just miss you all so bad!! I can't wait to hug you all at the airport but I still have August. I'm going to keep doing my best. Thank you all so much. I am so lucky to have you. Have a great week!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad
 

Middle School Friends - They wanted to practice their English on us.

Family visiting Sanjo - Dad served his mission there 20 years ago.

Too. Much. Meat.

Good friend in Sanjo

Posing

Train friend ... notice he has a book :)

Another new friend met on the train