こんにちは ‏
 
Hey! So I rode my bike through the beginning of the Typhoon today to get to the church - haha it wasn't as bad when we rode our bikes but it has picked up now and . . . it's bad. So we are stuck here until it calms down. Its funny, in Japan, they honestly freak out about weather a little too much - haha. For example, when it rains, church attendance goes down so much because when it rains, they consider it a storm and because they ride bikes and walk a lot it is easier to just stay inside. But for the typhoon, they freak out haha No one is outside, but I told some people how we did Hurricane Rita and Katrina and they were just like Woah - haha.  We had a great lesson with N*** the other day. We talked about fasting and he fasted for the first time in his 64 years of life. It is so cool to see a Japanese man, who never had any thought of God his whole life fast for the first time because of God. So cool. It went well and I feel like he got closer to God.
 
I read 2 Nephi 25:29 this week and it really hit me how simple it is. I love how straightforward this verse is and it really made it simple. Just believe in Christ. Just do it. For the first time in my whole mission the other day I started getting Bible bashed by a guy from Africa. He wasn't being rude just asking questions but it was weird. So in the United States as a missionary, I bet all the missionaries come back with really strong testimonies of the Restoration becasue they probably spend their whole mission testifying to people of latter-day prophets. It's not like that here - haha I have just gained a testimony of how God is real. Obviously yea, I have a testimony of the restoration, but I really spend most of my time just introducing people to God for the first time. That is why I love Japan. Not many missionaries get the chance to introduce God for the first time ever into someone's life. People get the first contact with God from the scriptures including the Book of Mormon and what I get  to say. It is amazing.
 
I am really excited for Conference this weekend. I haven't seen it yet - haha but also it is my 3rd one to see on my mission. You only go though four. It's crazy how time is flying. We got a new missionary in our apartment. He is from Fukuoka and only has been a missionary for 3 weeks. He speaks no English at all - haha He is learning quick though and I'm enjoying the atmospehere of a brand new person, especially Japanese. I love talking with him.

Sounds like things are going great over there. I am going to try to get your gift Landon. Kind of hard today but I will do my best. Just know I didn't forget - haha I am going to get it. I love you all so much. Enjoy this season!! I am excited for Christmas already!! Have a great week! I love you!!!!!
 
Oh yeah, just an insight into Japanese, its so funny how it's just like sports. Sometimes you have a good game and understand everything in a day, then the next, you don't make anything and you struggle on some conversations. I just thought you would think that was funny. It literally is like a game to me sometimes - haha.


Love,
プロクター長老
 
 
Our Eikaiwa (English) Class

Chiba Bishop and his wife

Great friend - got me some TREATS - YES!!!!

Sushi Time!! YUM