Great emails from everyone this week!
 
I think these are the best emails I have read my entire mission. Everyone sounds like they are doing great and growing so much spiritually. It is amazing to see how much God does to help those who follow Him. One thing I have learned is that without a doubt, those who make the choice to follow God, are blessed. They have better lives. Maybe not money, or anything like that, but they do have real happiness. Happiness is based in families, but even if you put 100% of your trust in family, that is still not a solid foundation. It is number two behind God, but it is still not that 100% you can get from God. There are plenty of great families in Japan, but without God, they are missing that one aspect that will make them an immovable foundation instead of just a sturdy one. If you make family and God the two most important things above anything else in your life, you will be happy. I also know that God fulfills His promises and He is unchanging. His morals and the laws of all the universe do not change. Men's minds and understanding of science and morals change constantly, however God, who is perfect, never changes. That is why it is honestly the logically smart path to follow Him. He is real and is there if we just seek after Him. I know that He speaks to us in many different ways. One way was like Hannah said, through miracles.
 
I was in the MTC and obviously struggling and a miracle helped the two of us. I also know God answers prayers. I fasted in the MTC when I was choosing what I was going to do. I thought about my future with God, and my future if I decided to turn back and put God as number 2 or 3 in my life. When I prayed about those two options the thoughts of turning back did not mean I was going to darkness, but my future did not seem clear. I truly had a "stupor of thought." When I thought of doing my mission and following God, putting Him first, my future seemed clear. I knew I would have a happy family with my loved ones and people would be happier.
 
Through the Spirit I was able to be guided on the choices of my life and now I am really seeing the benefits. I can't wait to tell you more about the experiences I have had and how I know without a shadow of a doubt, that God does not change, He is perfect, and following Him leads to true, unending happiness.
 
So I had a great week. on Tuesday I really learned again that there are prepared Japanese people!! We found a guy named O*** who had tons of interest and then across the street, a lady named Y*** who we referred to the sisters and she is doing great. I love seeing Japanese people who are ready to come to Christ. On Saturday we taught our new friend Y***. For the first time in my mission I taught in depth about the priesthood and dispensations. We usually just have to say, we have it and people are like ok - haha,  but this time he had questions and I really gained a testimony of the Priesthood and latter-day direction and revelation. I love it. Today we will visit our friends I*** in apartment 37 - haha " 7 And the Lord God doth work by means to bring about his great and eternal purposes; and by very small means the Lord doth confound the wise and bringeth about the salvation of many souls. Alma 37:7" - we are those little means - haha probably would confound the wise how by small, maybe sometimes silly means, we see miracles haha. I love you all so much. I am so happy to see everyones progress.

I love you and am so thankful for everything. Have a great week!!!

Love,
Elder Proctor
Sorry about the Glare

Buddhist Shrine