今日は! (Hello!)
 
So many things to tell all of you all, so here it goes.  First of all, I rode the Shinkansen two weeks ago and forgot to tell you.  That's the bullet train and yes bullet is the right word haha.  It took us 13 minutes to get to Niigata when it usually takes 45minutes :)  so that was cool.  We went to Sado on Monday.  We rode the Jet Foil over the sea of Japan to get there.  Then we took the ferry back.  So I've basically ridden every possible means of transportation in Japan in 6 weeks haha.  Not many missionaries even get to ride one of those.  So at Sado we saw a miracle.  I was working with the Elders in Sado while my companion was interviewing their investigator. We were housing (tracting) when we, all three of us, saw a shooting star.  It was cool and next they asked me where we should go next, because I was visiting.  I thought for a second, trying to feel wear to go next so I was like - well that shooting star was out of the ordinary so I said follow the star.  We followed it instead of our original plan.  We found an apartment complex.  We heard music being played in one of the upstairs apartments.  Went to it.  Knocked on the door and a gaijin (foreigner) answered?!?!?  A white guy with blonde hair haha.  So shocked.  He is an English teacher apparently.  We walk in and he is definitely prepared.  He said in the last month he has read the bible more than ever.  He loves Christ.  He just said he has been looking for more of God's word.  When he said that I was like "OHH YEAH!!!" in my head.  I kept my cool though.  Gave him the Book of Mormon which one of my split companions just "coincidently" brought an English Book of Mormon that day.  The guy is doing well.  They met him again and told us he is progressing:)  I- came to church :)  he is progressing and we just got back form teaching an amazing lesson:)  His name is T- and he's in his 20's.  I told him how if he follows the word of God, he can know for a fact that He is real and not just a thought.  He wants his girlfriend to hear the message too:)  Other than those things a normal week.  Weird looks at us on trains, rain pouring all the time and its cold.  I get soaked and its all fine.   People speak Japanese that I don't understand but I am now at the point that I can hold my own by myself.  If the conversation goes in a normal direction, work, sports, family, I can hold my own.  Still confused a lot of the time though haha.  Its alright though. We got transfers calls today and I'm staying in Sanjo.  I'm getting a missionary with a Spanish last name but I'm pretty sure he speaks English.  Also we will be a four man apartment.  Two companionships.  The other companionship has a Nihonjin (native Japanese Elder) so he can help me a lot. That is all for now. Keep praying as it helps sooo much, I love you all:)  さようなら (Bye)
 
Love,
 
Proctor Chouro


Branch member's son at a dinner appointment.
Most American phrases aren't quite right, lol

Hangin with the "locals" - We eat waffles here.
Riding the JetFoil on the Sea of Japan heading to Sado Island.

Selfie with another members son.
He's a funny guy.